Sunday, November 1, 2009

What's going on in Windham Politics?????

I have rarely ever seen such a turn in local politics as I have observed in this current election in the Town of Windham. It is amazing that some folks are so eager for revenge and power that they take out ads that present false information and accuse good citizens falsely.
What's up with lighted signs all over town? Someone is spending a great deal of money just to get elected to a seat on the Town Council. Are all of these candidates willing to faithfully attend meetings and do their homework on all the issues. Being a member of the council is a huge responsibility and requires an investment of time not only for meetings but doing the research and studying before the meetings so that one is prepared for intelligent discussion and decision making. It also requires building meaningful partnerships with other council members so that the town is well served. This is not a "shoot from the hip" type of job.
It is very sad to see revenge, bitterness and anger introduced into local politics. I hope most of the folks here in Windham are as disgusted with the antics of some of the candidates as I am. If I was running for office I would be very careful who I associated with.

No comments:

Post a Comment