Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sonia Sotomayor


I have been totally disgusted with the way the media and the far right republicans have responded to President Obama's nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to be the next Supreme Court Justice.
To be calling her a racist and using her remarks out of context is abhorrent to me. All of their accusations have been debunked and yet they continue with their slander.
Her life story is very impressive and I think her experiences as well as her education will serve her well on our nation's highest court. I admire anyone who can overcome the odds as she has and then serve the country.
I believe that her accusers are the racists and anti feminists. When one considers that Clarence Thomas could be named to the highest court with all of his baggage or Samuel Alito for that matter, it seems that Sonia Sotomayor should be a shoe in.
We will never become a united country as long as we have bigots like Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich and Dick Cheney speaking for the republicans. They are destroying any opportunity for unity.
I sure hope she can give it back to them in confirmation hearings and I am sure that she can do this in a way that people will respect and cheer for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment