Saturday, December 29, 2012

CONGRESSIONAL RAISES? WHY?

I have to admit that I was in a state of shock when I read that President Obama had ordered pay raises for Congress, Federal Workers and Joe Biden.  How can that have happened when they are trying to cut Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid?  They should be taking a pay cut.
The House is in session for three weeks and then they have a week off.  They take numerous long breaks and can't get any work done.  Yet ordinary people toil day to to day and some with no vacation benefits or sick leave and barely survive AND get no raises and get benefit cuts.
I do not understand when we are supposedly going off the "Fiscal Cliff" how anyone in government can get a raise.  It is certainly not deserved.  48% of the members of Congress are millionaires trying to protect their own money while stealing it from those who deserve it most.  The unemployed need it so very much as it is their only source of income.  The poor, homeless and disabled veterans need all the help they can get but no that money has to be fought over.
President Obama was right yesterday when he said that people outside of Washington do not understand how Congress cannot get things done as we do that all the time or we would have no jobs.  I can tell you I will work to defeat anyone who says no to what I call a really bad deal. Susan Collins are you listening?
I sure hope that Ashley Judd does run against Mitch McConnell in 2014.  He has been nothing but a road blocker and to think he will get a raise for saying he will do anything to defeat President Obama and blocking all sorts of important legislation is totally disgusting.  And giving John Boehner a raise is even more disgusting.
Well that is my rant for the day.  But I do want to ask, Where is the outrage?  Where is the media?  Why do they ignore this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment