Monday, February 23, 2009

A Response to a Post by Sudburiensis

I am so in tune with what my friend Sudburiensis on his blog, http://sudburiensis.blogspot.com/ , wrote and I have thought the very same things myself. He discussed the fact that Bernie Maddoff and Alan Stanford are out free when they should be in jail. He also talked about the bankers who knew what they were doing and misled the public.

You and I know that the bankers and Wall Street fat cats knew what they were doing and they are walking scott free. I also think people in power who are voted to represent the people also knew what was going on and they didn't tell us so we all suffered huge losses and our retirements are no longer secure.I could go on and on but I guess the ranting doesn't really help.

I have always had a great deal of admiration for Tom Daschle but if you and I made a much smaller mistake on our taxes the IRS would have been after us in no time and we would not have been treated very well.

Then tonight I listened to Chris Matthews on MSNBC who said that the Dow Jones is Obama's score card. I don't believe that should be the scorecard. The American people are the scorecard and right now they approve of Obama's actions by 67%. My financial analyst told me today that it will take time for the stimulus money to have an effect on the economy. The markets are afraid that the banks will go under and maybe they will. How can they blame Obama when he inherited the whole mess from the very worst president we have had in modern times. At least the new adminsitration is attempting to do something and we should give him a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment